If you have never purchased a vehicle, especially one that is pre-owned, you may wonder about what items should be on your checklist to ensure that you get an auto in great condition that is a good value for the money. Here are 8 valuable used car tips buying with poor credit in Seattle, excellent credit or cash. Carefully go over them with a knowledgeable friend you bring with you to the lot as you find a vehicle that you believe meets your needs.
- Examine the exterior of the car closely to determine if the paint is original. Be on the lookout for spots that may have been “touched up” from a crash or rust.
- Check the oil for the appropriate level and the oil color. The oil should not be dirty.
- Ask the sales associate if the car can be put on the lift in the mechanic’s bay so that you can look at the undercarriage.
- Inquire about the previous owner or owners.
- Request a copy of the Carfax report to see if the car has been involved in an auto collision.
- Peruse the maintenance history to learn if tune-ups have been regular and if any major parts replacements have occurred.
- Ask permission to bring the car to your mechanic for a cursory evaluation.
- Test drive, test drive, test drive. This is the only way to see if the vehicle offers the right fit for you.
Stop by Carson Cars to view our extensive inventory of used cars for sale and follow the 8 used car tips buying with poor credit in Seattle today. Call us with questions at (855)583-9356.